in

Multiple Gamertags?

Last post 07-27-2006 9:17 PM by DualBrain. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-15-2006 2:33 PM

• Richard
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-16-2006
    • Saint Petersburg, FL
    • Posts 16
    • Points 224

Multiple Gamertags?

Is there a way to sign in two gamertags at once on the same machine?  I use my laptop in the living room and love that I can see when people get on but my wife can't see her list at the same time.  It would be nice to have it in one window but even if I could just clone the program so I can sign in both would be good.
    Filed under: ,
    • Post Points: 21
  • 07-16-2006 11:49 AM In reply to

• BManTYA
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-24-2006
    • Orlando
    • Posts 34
    • Points 653

Re: Multiple Gamertags?

Feature is in the works.  Not sure if it will be by running multiples of the program or if it will be all gamertags in one.  We'll have to see what we can make work.

------BManTYA - Captain------
    --------TYARacing.com---------
    • Post Points: 21
  • 07-27-2006 3:53 PM In reply to

• DualBrain
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2006
    • Fort Worth, TX
    • Posts 271
    • Points 2,307

I'm doing some testing and upon successfully doing so, I'll enable the ability to open muliple copies at one time (0.0.0.33+).  This will allow you to actively monitor more than one account.  There will be some limitations, such as when you "autostart" the application with Windows startup, it will only start one copy.  Also, the last copy you exit will set the last login according to what that copy was utilizing.  It's not necessarily a perfect solution; however, it should work rather nicely if you don't mind the couple of quirks I've mentioned.
    Cory Smith aka DualBrain
    AddressOf.com - .NET Developer Blog

Filed under:
    • Post Points: 5
  • 07-27-2006 9:17 PM In reply to

• DualBrain
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2006
    • Fort Worth, TX
    • Posts 271
    • Points 2,307

Well, initial testing has not been favorable.  It's going to take a bit of work just to allow multiple versions running at once.  To make matters worse, it appears (at first glance) that it might be a huge performance hit as well due to passport issues.  I'm not hanging up on this issue just yet, but will have to table it for a while for other priorities.

So, if you'd like to see this feature added in the future... sign your virtual signature on this thread accordingly.

Cory Smith aka DualBrain
    AddressOf.com - .NET Developer Blog

Filed under:
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
XboxFriends is not, in no way, affiliated with Microsoft Corporation, MSN, Xbox or Xbox Live. This project is developed seperately from Microsoft and Xbox Live for the purposes of organizing games amongst your personal Xbox Live friends list and connecting you with other gamers. We will not purposefully share any personal information that you shared. Although every reasonable step is taken to protect your privacy, due to the nature of the internet, XboxFriends.com can not be held responsible for anything that may happen through the use of the XboxFriends desktop application or this website. -- Copyright (c)2004-2007, XboxFriends.com and Cory Smith. All rights reserved.