in

simple request

Last post 07-27-2006 3:44 PM by DualBrain. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-18-2006 7:44 AM

• e1bweb
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-23-2006
    • Posts 9
    • Points 189

simple request

just have the status of the person who i signed in refreshed every once and a while, when i leave my comp on for a day or two and then look at it, it annoys me to see my gamerscore still hasn't been updated :)

im sure this would be extreamly easy to impliment

Filed under:
    • Post Points: 21
  • 07-18-2006 9:24 AM In reply to

• DualBrain
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2006
    • Fort Worth, TX
    • Posts 271
    • Points 2,307

Re: simple request

Your right, this probably won't take too long to implement.  The question I have... how often do you think I should update this information?  1 hour, 3 hours, 6 hours, 24 hours?

Also, I may combine the efforts of this with another task I have on the list...  if this happens, the question might be a non-issue; but I'd still like to get input either way.

Cory Smith aka DualBrain
    AddressOf.com - .NET Developer Blog

• Post Points: 37
  • 07-18-2006 11:48 AM In reply to

• e1bweb
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-23-2006
    • Posts 9
    • Points 189

i would say that you should just update it as often as the friends list does? from my understanding, doesn't that information get pulled along with the friends list? or do you do it some other way where the current user's header doesn't show up with it?.

if not with the list, then i would say the more often the better, people arn't going to be looking at it unless there was a change, and the only way to catch when there was a change would be to update it as often as possible, im sure it wouldn't effect the bandwidth usage any huge amount?

• Post Points: 5
  • 07-18-2006 12:46 PM In reply to

• HalfBrian
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-18-2006
    • Indiana
    • Posts 48
    • Points 894

I would say 1/2 and hour would be a good time

Go to RealmB.com to get your own Xbox Live status image or Friends Table
    • Post Points: 21
  • 07-27-2006 3:44 PM In reply to

• DualBrain
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2006
    • Fort Worth, TX
    • Posts 271
    • Points 2,307

This has been added to 0.0.0.32 and, I believe, it's updated every 10 minutes.
    Cory Smith aka DualBrain
    AddressOf.com - .NET Developer Blog

Filed under:
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
XboxFriends is not, in no way, affiliated with Microsoft Corporation, MSN, Xbox or Xbox Live. This project is developed seperately from Microsoft and Xbox Live for the purposes of organizing games amongst your personal Xbox Live friends list and connecting you with other gamers. We will not purposefully share any personal information that you shared. Although every reasonable step is taken to protect your privacy, due to the nature of the internet, XboxFriends.com can not be held responsible for anything that may happen through the use of the XboxFriends desktop application or this website. -- Copyright (c)2004-2007, XboxFriends.com and Cory Smith. All rights reserved.